[paranoia] Update to: TEAC is slow ripping (I looked at the FAQ)

Monty xiphmont at xiph.org
Mon Oct 18 21:57:52 PDT 1999

> Well what I meant was that I was getting 2x (now 4x without error
> corection) while some people claim up to 20x with 'blows98, hence ten
> time faster. In anycase the drive seems to default to a low speed
> unless told otherwise, but the force speed option doesn't help.

Ah, OK, that makes sense.  In that case, the drive has a speed setting packet
command. Maybe you're lucky and it's the MMC style command...

Cdparanoia has a speed setting option, but it's broken in 9.6 (I didn't inpect
the patch carefully enough before accepting it).  The current CVS version has
this option fixed.  You could give that build a try and see if it affects the
drive speed.

Monty