[paranoia] Best Drives for Ripping?

Alex Shnitman alexsh at hectic.net
Sun Nov 21 06:10:00 PST 1999

On Sat, Nov 20, 1999 at 06:17:37PM -0500, Darren Stuart Embry wrote:

> I haven't seen this question posted in the paranoia list archive so
> I'll post it here.
>
> I'm probably going to get in the market for a CD-ROM drive if my
> 3.5-year-old Toshiba XM5522B continues to flake out.
>
> Can anyone shed some light as to what drives (or drive brands in
> general) are good and/or bad for ripping?

Perhaps it's possible to do a special web page on the cdparanoia site
that lists recommended drives for ripping, or generally lists drives
and some kind of "rating" for their ripping capability? What do you
think?

--
Alex Shnitman                            | http://www.debian.org
alexsh at hectic.net, alexsh at linux.org.il   +-----------------------

Try to remove the color-problem by restarting your computer several times.
	-- Microsoft-Internet Explorer README.TXT

<HR NOSHADE>
<UL>
<LI>application/pgp-signature attachment: stored
</UL>