[paranoia] BTC BCD 16x - wav is empty

Monty xiphmont at xiph.org
Thu Nov 4 16:42:24 PST 1999

> reading README.paranoia supplied with cdda package, i've  downloaded
> cdparanoia but it works just like windows rippers - silent file with
> noise in beginning. The progress bar in that program looks like:
> !++++++++++++++++++++++>

The '+' indicate that we're not reading silence.  a '+' can't happen during
silence...

> I've downloaded dagrab and it doesn't work, too.
> Could tell me why the cdparanoia isn't working, or how to force it to
> work (it seems that cdparanoia has very good error correction when you
> only read the readme), or give optimal parameters for best jitter
> correction in cdda2wav (it's only program which works on my drive
> now)?

cdda2wav, unfortunately, is not going to be fixable in your case.

As for a cdparanoia diagnosis, I don't have enough information yet.  When
subitting a bug report, I need a minimum of the complete output from cdparanoia
using -v.  I don't even know which version of cdparanoia you're using or what
cd interface (BTC only makes cheap drives AFAIK, that implies ATAPI, but are
you using the ATAPI driver of the SCSI hostadapter emulation with the SG
driver?)...

Also, If you're not using 9.6, upgrade before you do anything else. Binary and
source packages are on the main site (http://www.xiph.org/paranoia/)

Monty