[paranoia] Ripping speed

Fabio Baracca fabiobar at tiscalinet.it
Fri Jan 1 12:17:46 PST 1999

>So I'd like
>to ask whether there is a way or plan to implement such a speed down feature
>into cdparanoia ?

You are right: in the past I was had the exact problem.. I simply downloaded a package from Joerg ftp site (was read2448) and ripped it a bit in order to deal only with speed settings.. then I build two very simpler commands.. "8x" and "2x" that are usefull for all the cases..

I lost the ripped sources (I have only libc5 binaries..), but I think you can (for ex.) download the Plextor util for Linux.. and solve your problem.

Also these utils are binary only (NDA problem) but they are more powerful.. and are of course free of charge. Check Plextor site (plextor.be) where to download or the Joerg link page.. you will surely find it.

BR,
Fabio

P.S. Ok.. just to be more clear, after setting the speed, you can use (a slowered) cdparanoia as usual, ok?