[paranoia] RPM version of alpha 9.7

Monty xiphmont at xiph.org
Mon Dec 20 15:05:47 PST 1999

> To put it in the main tarball is a good idea. I also don't have any problems
> with maintaining the specfile - and I lead with one written spec ;-)

OK, fair enough :-)  I'd been assuming that Peter would be maintaining a RedHat
'official' version; perhaps this assumption is mistaken.  My thinking was, if
this was the case, it would streamline RPM support and make sure we were
working with the same package as RedHat distributions.  No reason to support
an RPM set different than RedHat's (unless RedHat's were horribly broken in
some way and they chose not to fix it...)

There's no reason that the specfile has to be an inviolable fief.

Monty