[Paranoia-dev] [HELP]can paranoia reduce RAM usage??

low jia pheng physicholy at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Nov 4 01:32:47 PST 2008

Good day for all the senior and developer, regards the title above, can i know that how to reduce the memory usage during the ripping of music? I am trying to build the ripping function into a multimedia system, everytime it uses 20mb+ of the memory,sometimes the ripping process halt and printout ::Out of Memory: Killed process 1119 (cdparanoia). I am thinking of reducing the buffer size, can i do that? i tried setting the buffer size value in low_interface.h but with no success. The RAM in the board is soldered together,so i can't increase it.

Hopping any developer can point out the code which can change the buffer size, so that it reduces the RAM use.

Thanks.