[Paranoia-dev] Potential patches for cdparanoia 10

Adam Jackson ajax at redhat.com
Wed Jun 4 14:56:08 PDT 2008

Fedora has a good nine or so patches we're currently applying.  They can
be found here:

http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewcvs/rpms/cdparanoia/devel/

A quick rundown follows.  The nostrip, O_EXCL, smalldma, and lm patches
appear to all be merged and can be safely ignored.  The scsi-setspeed
patch trivially enables you to set the speed of SCSI drives.  The
headers patch is also just trivial header correctness, found by adding
-Werror-implicit-function-declarations to CFLAGS and fixing up the
resulting build failures.

The labels and cflags patches are to my eye fairly useless, I'd just
ignore them.

The SGIO patch is some deep voodoo to do with SCSI.  I don't know, ask
pjones, he wrote it I think.

The verbose, louder, and verbosity3 patches appear to all be about
affecting the default log level and adding more debugging facilities.
Again, pjones.

The env patch adds an environment variable to let you pick cooked CDDA
transport with $CDDA_TRANSPORT.  And also a comment and a #if 0 -> #if 1
that appears to be wildly out of place (or at least snuck in under
someone's radar).

I suspect at least some of these should get merged for the 10 release.
Thoughts?

- ajax