[Paranoia-dev] 10pre 1 release?

xiphmont at xiph.org xiphmont at xiph.org
Sat Feb 23 06:17:53 PST 2008

Hi!

Sadly, I don't have a lot of time to actually write code anymore...

What held up 10pre1 (is holding up 10pre1) is a 2.6-series kernel bug
that gets transfer direction backwards in the SATA CDROM driver for a
specific packet command used by CDParanoia.  Said bug panics the
machine.  And I haven't spent the time to look at it in more detail
(would require tracking down such a machine, said machine being
somewhat expendable, and having multiple kernels arranged to test
with).

Monty