[Paranoia-dev] Redirecting output of 'cdparanoia -vsQ'

Nycran nycran at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 21 16:00:44 PST 2005

Hi all, firstly  I appologise if this is not the right
forum to ask questions like this,

I'm trying to redirect the output of the 'cdparanoia
-vsQ' command to a text file with something like this

cdparanoia -vsQ > tempfile.tmp

But the output of the command still appears in stdout
instead of obeying the redirect.  Likewise, if I use a
perl command to try and capture the output:

$output = `cdparanoia -vsQ`;

The output does not come back to the variable.

I'm wanting to write a perl program that gets the info
about the cd, does a CDDB lookup, and then talks to
both cdparanoia and then notlame to rip the CD.

Any thoughts?

Regards and thanks,
Andy Chapman.

=====