[paranoia-dev] cdparanoia segfaults

Andreas Feldner feldner at tesis.de
Wed Jul 2 02:48:56 PDT 2003

Hi,

when I try to read in a CD from a Plextor CD/RW recorder, I get the following
output, even with the statically linked binary from your web page:

feldner at kermit:~/temp> ./cdparanoia-III-alpha9.8.i386-linux-elf -B
--force-cdrom-device /dev/cdrecorder --disable-paranoia -vvv "1-"
cdparanoia III release 9.8 (March 23, 2001)
(C) 2001 Monty <monty at xiph.org> and Xiphophorus

Report bugs to paranoia at xiph.org
http://www.xiph.org/paranoia/

Checking /dev/cdrecorder for cdrom...
        Testing /dev/cdrecorder for cooked ioctl() interface
                /dev/scd1 is not a cooked ioctl CDROM.
        Testing /dev/cdrecorder for SCSI interface
                generic device: /dev/sg2
                ioctl device: /dev/scd1

Found an accessible SCSI CDROM drive.
Looking at revision of the SG interface in use...
        SG interface version 3.2.0; OK.
Speicherzugriffsfehler

Cheers,

Andreas.