[paranoia-dev] cdparanoia doesn't work as normal user

Markus Jost markus.jost at gmx.com
Tue Aug 26 09:52:15 PDT 2003

Hello!

First I want to say cdparanoia is perfect. Nearly. :-) I've only one
problem: I can use cdparanoia (with tear) as root user but not as normal
user. It says "cdparanoia III release 9.8 (March 23, 2001)
(C) 2001 Monty <monty at xiph.org> and Xiphophorus

Report bugs to paranoia at xiph.org
http://www.xiph.org/paranoia/

Guano Apes-Move A Little Closer.wav ripped
Could not find "track18.cdda.wav""

Why?! I have ide-scsi running and the devices are /dev/sr0 (dvd-rom) and
/dev/sr1 (cdrecorder). CD's are only read from /dev/sr1 even as root.

Thank you!!!

Greetings from Germany!!!
Markus