[paranoia-dev] Windows port of libparanoia

Holger Kühnle sysdesk at web.de
Thu Apr 3 02:55:16 PST 2003

Thanks for the info. Nevermind, at least my efforts will be useful within my
own application. Where can I find this port for scglib?
I'll try using cygwin for the command line part.

Holger

---------------------------------------

> I have ported the libparanoia part from cdparanoia to Windows. The port
uses
> the standard Windows ASPI interface for CD drive communication and as far
as
> my testing goes, performs extremely well. I still have to port the command
> line application, but the problem is that Windows is missing some of the
> command line argument handling functions available in Linux. Apart from
> that, porting libparanoia was fairly easy.
> As soon as I clean up the code and have a running command line version
> ready, I will post the code on my webpage. I would also like to include
the
> libparanoia in my Windows CD-Ripper project, as long as that's ok with
> Monty...
Well, don't exactly know how say this but...
There is already a port of libparanoia to scglib, which in turn leads to
portability to a wide range of OSes, including Windows.
Regarding the commandline app it would probably easier to do using cygwin,
if you haven't already tried.

--
	Giuseppe "Cowo" Corbelli ~\/~ My software: http://cowo.yoda2000.net
  -<! When you say "I wrote a program that crashed Windows", people just