[paranoia-dev] I'm quite puzzled ..

Martin D.A. Simmons msimmons at uvic.ca
Wed Sep 11 14:26:28 PDT 2002

I'm trying to get cdparanoia to work, but it won't.  I don't have any of
the sg* block files in /dev/ and I figure out how to get them. I'm using
debian 2.0.38 . The drive is a scsi NEC at /dev/scd0 .

cdparanoia III release 9.8 (March 23, 2001)
(C) 2001 Monty <monty at xiph.org> and Xiphophorus

Report bugs to paranoia at xiph.org
http://www.xiph.org/paranoia/

cdparanoia stops searching for an accessible drive here.
Consider using -sv to force a more complete autosense
of the machine.

More information about /dev/cdrom:
Checking /dev/cdrom for cdrom...
        Testing /dev/cdrom for cooked ioctl() interface
                /dev/scd0 is not a cooked ioctl CDROM.
        Testing /dev/cdrom for SCSI interface
                No generic SCSI device found to match CDROM device
/dev/scd0