[paranoia-dev] bug report in cdparanoiaIII-alpha9.8

Anthony Wesley awesley at acquerra.com.au
Sat Oct 12 16:52:41 PDT 2002

Hi guys - here's a bug report for ya :-)

cdparanoia will occassionally get stuck in an endless loop attempting to
rip to a file named "track00.cdda.wav" when both the -B and -X flags are
used.

I have modified my copy of the source to bail out if it tries to open
this file, but that's just a short-term fix so I can use it :-)

I suspect that this is triggered when cdparanoia has trouble ripping the
last track on the disc, and the -X option causes the track to be aborted
but there is a flaw in the logic flow that causes it to loop around and
try a new track, even though it's now past the end of the disc.

cheers, Anthony