[paranoia-dev] Lite-On LTN48S3 fix

Hal Roberts hroberts at alumni.princeton.edu
Fri Feb 9 07:21:41 PST 2001

Hey all,

I recently purchased a Dell with the lovely LTN48S3 CD drive and quickly
discovered that I couldn't rip songs with it due to the last 2 seconds
bug.  I could actually get cdparanoia to work, but only with the -Z
(disable-paranoia) flag, which resulted in horribly mangled songs.

So, I hacked together a fix for the problem by just disabling paranoia
checking for the last five seconds of each song, which is usually
silence anywho.  This seemed to solve the problem.  I've ripped about 20
CD's now, and paranoia only failed on three songs.  In each of those
three cases, paranoia halted in the middle of a song on a scratchy disk,
so I'm assuming that those failures are just due to my unfortunate
tendency to mangle my CD's.

So, here's the patch for main.c to make this work.  I realize that it's
a hackish fix at best, but it should let other people inflicted with the
Lite-On drive rip CD's, which should make them Happy.

-hal

275a276
> "  -L --use-liteon-fix             : use fix for Lite-On LTN48S3\n"
586c587
< const char *optstring = "escCn:o:d:g:S:prRwafvqVQhZzYXWBi:Tt:";

---
> const char *optstring = "escCn:o:d:g:S:prRwafvqVQhZzYXWBLi:Tt:";
613a615
> 	{"use-liteon-fix",no_argument,NULL,'L'},
662a665,667
>   /* use the Lite-On LTN48S3 fix ? */
>   int use_liteon_fix = 0;

671a677
>     printf("option - %c\n", c);
779a786,788
>     case 'L':
>       use_liteon_fix=1;
>       break;
1015a1025

1149a1160,1162
> 	if (use_liteon_fix) {
> 	  report("using Lite-On LTN48S3 fix...\n");
> 	}
1156a1170,1180