[paranoia-dev] Repositioning

Manuel Clos llanero at jazzfree.com
Mon Nov 20 12:44:32 PST 2000

Anders Romer Bruun Krusell wrote:

> Since I wrote this I've done a couple of tests with an altered version of
> cdparanoia that suggest the above could be effective in some situations.
> The altered version simply reads a couple of blocks in random positions
> whenever the retry_count gets above a certain value. I've tested
> this on some very scratched discs, that I couldn't rip using -z.
> With the above alteration I was able to rip the tracks using -z and
> with no audible defects.
>
> Since I've only done a small number of tests with my own drive this
> obviously doesn't say that much, but perhaps someone else could
> try this approach. It only takes a couple of extra lines in the code.
>
> Anders.

Hi all,

I want to try this, as cdparanoia (cdparanoia-alpha9.6-2.rpm) can't make
the
best on a CD track that is even not playing well.

What version should I get? and how to get the patch to see if it makes
any
difference?

Thanks.

--
Manuel Clos,
llanero at jazzfree.com

use what's best for you. Don't use what you feel you "have" to.