[paranoia-dev] paranoia IV api

Ron Forrester rjf at zero-ping.com
Thu Sep 30 21:06:49 PDT 1999

I am wondering if it's possible to get any information on the cdparanoia
IV api. I am part of a team who is beginning work on a GPL'ed,
multi-platform alternative to Real Jukebox (http://www.real.com) called
gnukebox.

We are attempting to structure the project such that rippers (like
cdparanoia) and encoders (bladeenc, etc) are accessed through a plugin
type architecture. We are beginning to investigate what our plugin API
should look like, and since cdparanoia is our first choice for a ripper,
what it's API looks like could help us to define our plugin API, if at
least the scope.

I realize general source is not available quite yet, but perhaps one or
more header files describing the current state of the API could help us
to solidify our work.

Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
rjf&