[paranoia-dev] size32?

Peter Jones pjones at redhat.com
Mon Dec 27 07:13:16 PST 1999

On Thu, 23 Dec 1999, Monty wrote:

> > Monty, et al, I was just read through cdda_interface.h (in the
> > RPM-ification project), and I'm wondering -- Do you really mean to have
> > non-POSIX types in cdda_interface.h ?  It seems to have
> >
> > typedef struct TOC {    /* structure of table of contents */
> >   unsigned char bFlags;
> >   unsigned char bTrack;
> >   size32 dwStartSector;
> > } TOC;
>
> This is a packed struct coming straight off the hardware.  It's gotta be there.
> We can additionally munge the Makefile to use int32_t, but not all platforms
> have that either and whatever happens, I have to have the actual word size.
> Note that the makefile provides size32 by way of autoconf. (In other places, I
> use also use 16 bit ints, which are also absolutely necessary.)
>
> But I think you meant something slightly different than I just addressed...

Well, it goes into the header for the interface as size32;  If I were to
write a program that tries to use the interface, and didn't have `size32'
declared in _its_ code, here's what I get:

cc     foo.c   -o foo
In file included from foo.c:1:
/usr/include/cdda_interface.h:29: parse error before `size32'

and a long list of other errors caused by that.

 -- Peter

I'm not one of those who think Bill Gates is the devil.  I simply
suspect that if Microsoft ever met up with the devil, it wouldn't
need an interpreter.
                -- Nick Petreley