[opus] When packet loss (less than 30%) exists in the code stream, the decoded results will be distorted?

jayyoung at mail.ustc.edu.cn jayyoung at mail.ustc.edu.cn
Tue Feb 2 12:50:36 UTC 2021

Hello!
 I am an audio engineer in China and I found a bug of opus codec inadvertently. When opus is used for codec, if packet loss exists in the code stream, the opus decoding to compensate will occur sound breakage. Especially when the packet loss rate is high, this phenomenon is easy to happen. After many tests, we found that this abnormal situation would occur at either 16K or 48K sampling rate. We also tried the latest 1.3 version, and unfortunately, this phenomenon hasn't gone away. Now we send you the results of raw data, encoded stream, packet loss and decoding.
 Hoping to get a reply soon!