[opus] opus-codec.org/comparison: Mono or Stereo?

Emily Bowman silverbacknet at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 06:12:02 UTC 2020

When it comes to the specific file mentioned from that page, the original
caption was also "Quality vs Bit-rate. - The figure below illustrates the
quality of various codecs as a function of the bit-rate. It attempts to
summarize results from a collection of listening tests and (when no data
exists) show anecdotal evidence. It is overall fairly representative, but
attempting to extract any exact value at a particular bitrate is certainly
not recommended." Plus it's from 2012, and likely isn't fully
representative of the Opus and alternative codec advancements since.

Emily B