[opus] Antw: Re: Q: Bandwidth vs. bitrate

Ulrich Windl Ulrich.Windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de
Thu Oct 31 07:58:13 UTC 2019

Hi!

Useful advice, thanks! Actually I had been using foobar2000 to recode, because it just makes it so easy to convert multiple files while keeping the metadata (I confess, I'm a "tagger"). But it's easy to miss some encoder option when being presented some default suggestions in a dialog form...

Apart form that I always had the impression that Opus could be quite smart detecting what the input material is like, especially when I request such a low bitrate, it "could at least TRY speech".

Can you explain the effect of --set-ctl-int a bit more than the manual does?:

--set-ctl-int x=y
    Pass the encoder control x with value y (advanced). Preface with s: to direct the ctl to multistream s
    This may be used multiple times

Regards,
Ulrich