[opus] help for decode 9-channels opus file

Jan Stary hans at stare.cz
Tue May 28 07:41:24 UTC 2019

On Mar 26 14:31:30, wangjinhui at sinemedia.com wrote:
>     I had encounted a problem in using opus-tool-0.2-opus-1.3(download from www.opus-codec.org, Win64 binaries: opus-tools-0.2-win64.zip). First, I use opusenc to generate a opus file which input is a 9-channels wav file. The opusenc can work. Then, I use opusdec to transform the generated opus file to wav file, but opusdec can't work. I received the error message: failed to open 'test-9ch.opus'.
>     Could you help me for this probelm? Thanks!
>     Here is my command:
>     opusenc test-9ch.wav test-9ch.opus
>     opusdec test-9ch.opus test_9chopus.wav

I can confirm the same problem with
libopus 1.3.1, libopusenc 0.2.1 and opus-tools 0.2

With up to 8 channels, it works just fine.
API says the channel count can be up to 255:
https://www.opus-codec.org/docs/opusfile_api-0.7/structOpusHead.html#ae3b3fc1a70e6b037c1d1d416fbdf2c8d

Is this a known limitation of opusdec?

	Jan