[opus] Performance comparison between Opus Custom and Standard modes

Jean-Marc Valin jmvalin at jmvalin.ca
Sun May 26 17:45:25 UTC 2019

Hi Rafael,

Basically, most of the Opus tuning gets done with the "standard" modes,
so Opus custom receives much less testing. In practice, the quality will
vary based on the exact settings you use. In general, it's best to use
the standard mode for many reasons (including compatibility), but if you
can't for some reason, then that's what custom modes are for. Just make
sure you do more testing because we don't test those much.

	Jean-Marc