[opus] opus Digest, Vol 121, Issue 3

Scott Brown scottcbrown at gmail.com
Tue May 21 13:28:05 UTC 2019

 1. For starters, 32 bit support is deprecated in the next version of Mac
OS X. Other things like Hardened Runtime (
https://lapcatsoftware.com/articles/hardened-runtime-sandboxing.html) may
not be relevant, but to make things compatible, apps need to be compiled
with an SDK > 10.7. The 64 bit is the big thing.
2 & 3. I want static and can't figure out how to get it to compile. Why
static? I want to be able to distribute it to other users without having to
install anything else.
4. I forget where I got the specific opusenc and opusdec that I have been
using, but I do see older binaries linked right from the opus page:
https://archive.mozilla.org/pub/opus/macos/opus-tools-0.1.9-macos.tar.gz

So I'm just looking to statically compile the current version of opus tools
for OS X. I'll check out your page at https://github.com/janstary/ports/

Thanks,
Scott