[opus] opusenc for ambisonics?

Emily Bowman silverbacknet at gmail.com
Thu Dec 19 09:55:03 UTC 2019

Unfortunately, ambisonics aren't exposed in opusenc yet, thus the trouble.
They're an API-only feature, but it's a good time to discuss what such a
command-line interface would look like, notably: how to specify multiple
streams & stream order, select the mapping family, coupled channels, and
how to specify the matrix (for family 3). Likewise, there's no multistream
support at the moment, so two birds might be felled with one push. I have
ideas, but I've never used ambisonics and really don't know what the use
case would look like.