[opus] large cover size bug with android?

Ralph Giles giles at thaumas.net
Mon Apr 15 00:58:24 UTC 2019

On 2019-04-14 9:35 a.m., zol wrote:
> When trying to play vorbis or opus files that have large cover sizes
>  >1MB on android 8.0 built in player, they fail to play. Removing the
> cover allows them to play.

I didn't investigate very closely (and my android 8 device has always
ignored opus files!) But I'd guess it's either a bug with re-assembling
the larger metadata header or the buffer the player is passing to the
sniffer for file identification is too small.

There is a 16 MB limit for metadata in the Android ogg/opus parser. Your
cover images aren't that large are they?

https://android.googlesource.com/platform/frameworks/av/+/a1a005fc01118685c92e723c8dcf7afeffc9d59c/media/extractors/ogg/OggExtractor.cpp#707

  -r