[opus] Opus 1.3.1 is out!

Jean-Marc Valin jmvalin at jmvalin.ca
Sat Apr 13 01:38:24 UTC 2019

Hi everyone,

I'm happy to announce Opus 1.3.1. It is a minor release that fixes an
issue with the analysis on files with digital silence (all zeros),
especially on x87 builds (mostly affects 32-bit builds). It also
includes two new features:
- A new OPUS_GET_IN_DTX query to know if the encoder is in DTX mode
(last frame was either a comfort noise frame or not encoded at all)
- A new (and still experimental) CMake-based build system that is
eventually meant to replace the VS2015 build system (the autotools one
will stay).

On a different topic, I am leaving Mozilla to join Amazon Web Services
(AWS), but this should not have an impact on the Opus development.

Source code:
https://archive.mozilla.org/pub/opus/opus-1.3.1.tar.gz

Win32 binaries:
https://archive.mozilla.org/pub/opus/win32/opus-tools-0.2-opus-1.3.1.zip

Please report any problem you encounter.