[opus] OPUS on cortex M4

Martin Leese martin.leese at stanfordalumni.org
Mon Jul 2 16:17:33 UTC 2018

"Ehrenberg  Nicolas" wrote:
> Thanks for the reply.
> For my application I unfortunately need a better signal reconstruction. It's
> not necessarily a problem that the constant DC voltage is removed, but the
> audio signal will need to be more exact because it's also studied visually.
> To be more exact, I need to record and transmit audio data recorded from
> animals (mostly birds).
>
> Are there ways to achieve a more similar output signal compared to the input
> signal?

Use FLAC.  Opus is lossy, FLAC is lossless.
Visit  https://xiph.org/flac/

As Timothy said, Opus is optimized for human
ears.  I haven't worked with bird calls for over
40 years, but my recollection is that birds and
humans generate sound very differently.
Birds have no vocal cords, instead using a
vibrating fleshy membrane.  Also, they have
two of them which can be used independently.
I don't feel you should be using Opus (or any
lossy encoder).

Regards,
Martin
--
Martin J Leese
E-mail: martin.leese  stanfordalumni.org