[opus] opus 1.2.1 regression with --enable-float-approx and --0fast

Jean-Marc Valin jmvalin at jmvalin.ca
Fri Feb 23 02:53:57 UTC 2018

On 02/22/2018 09:34 PM, Stepan Salenikovich wrote:
> Its unexpected because the decoder continues to output all samples
> of -32768 even when the microphone input is silence or near silence, so
> I would expect the decoded values to be at or near 0.

Oh, if the output is stuck at -32768, then it's likely some NaNs crept
in. The first thing to check is whether the problem is on the encoder
side or the decoder side (when if you use a 1.1 encoder with a 1.2
decoder and vice versa). In general, -Ofast is not IEEE-compliant when
it comes to NaN, so libopus has to work around that non-compliance.

> I will try to reproduce with opus_demo or opus-tools.

Thanks, that'll help a lot.

	Jean-Marc