[opus] OPUS vs MP3

Jean-Marc Valin jmvalin at jmvalin.ca
Mon Oct 30 20:28:53 UTC 2017

Hi,

Before I comment on the graphics you posted to visualize the difference
between two audio signals, I'd like to ask for your help in evaluating
my JPEG encoder. I've encoded an image with JPEG and then computed the
difference with the original. I then converted the difference to sound.
You can listen to the image difference on this clip:
https://jmvalin.ca/misc_stuff/diff.wav

Can you hear how good the visual quality is? Do you think it could be
improved to make JPEG sound better? Personally, I think JPEG could do
better on my subwoofer.