[opus] Gapless concatenation of Opus frames

Andreas Stöckel astoecke at uwaterloo.ca
Thu Nov 16 02:33:04 UTC 2017

Hi Jean-Marc,

thank you for looking into this. I'm using the current release version
of libopus (1.2.1) and version 0.1.10 of opus-tools, both built from
source. Libopusenc is the current git master.

Indeed I cannot hear any glitches in continuous.opus, continuous.wav,
and chained.wav. chained.opus decodes just fine with opusdec as well,
but doesn't play properly in any standard audio player.

In my adapted version of opusenc_example [1] the clicks are pretty
audible once the drum kicks in:

https://somweyr.de/opus/chained.wav

This file was produced by first decoding the blocks and then concatenating

( for i in `find blocks -name '*.ogg' | sort -n`; do opusdec $i -;
done ) | aplay -f dat

but oddly I get the same result if I concatenate all the opus blocks
I've generated into a single file, i.e. doing

cat `find blocks -name '*.ogg' | sort -n` | opusdec - - | aplay -f dat

Maybe I'm just doing something wrong in my adapted libopusenc example?

Can you send me your version?

Again, thank you,
Andreas

[1] https://gist.github.com/astoeckel/6731bc846a2f70dd7f5e155e75683fae