[opus] Gapless concatenation of Opus frames

Jean-Marc Valin jmvalin at jmvalin.ca
Mon Nov 13 20:42:35 UTC 2017

Hi Andreas,

So if I understand your question correctly, what you want is really
short "files" that are independent, but yet create a glitchless stream
when concatenated, right. For Ogg, this can be implemented with
libopusenc and chaining. It works pretty well (even for really tiny
files). For WebM, I'm not sure how to handle the details at the
container level, but for how to handle the transition details (reset and
all), I suggest you have a look at the libopusenc code. In general, the
idea is to disable the prediction at the point of the transition between
two files and to include the transition frames in both files.