[opus] Submitting a patch that exposes VAD voiced/unvoiced signal type

Freshman, Peter Peter.Freshman at nuance.com
Mon Jun 5 13:42:37 UTC 2017

Hi,

I'm reaching out because we'd like to contribute back to the project a patch that exposes the signal type of the audio packet when encoding the PCM audio to OPUS. We've found the Opus VAD algorithm to be exceptional in this regard and have written a library that leverages this information for audio end-pointing. Attached is the patch. Please let us know if you'd be willing to accept it, or if you'd prefer we fork libopus or recommend some other option.

Thank you,
Peter Freshman
Manager of Solutions Integration
Nuance Communications, Inc.