[opus] How to enable OPUS on freepbx after installation has been succesful

Ricardo Escamilla rescamillatech007 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 21:04:15 UTC 2016

Hello everyone, I was wondering if anyone could share a video on how to
install OPUS from scratch to server, I´m new to Linux but since we have now
freepbx (Asterisk 1.8.32.2 and 11.23.0)  I´m force to look for alternatives
to improve voice quality on an extreme budget, and more than that to learn
new and better codecs for free PBX.
So far I have downloaded opus-1.1.3.tar, installed on on my freepbx, ran
install check, and everything seems ok. But now, how do I implement the new
codec? I don´t see it under Asterisk SIP settings as an option to choose
from, or how does it appears?
I would really appreciate if anyone can help on this matter, it will be an
enormous help.

Regards,
Rick