[opus] Opus 1.2-alpha

Jean-Marc Valin jmvalin at mozilla.com
Thu Nov 3 19:59:43 UTC 2016

Hi everyone,

I've just released Opus 1.2-alpha. It comes with many improvements,
including:
- Speech quality improvements especially in the 12-20 kbit/s range
- Improved VBR encoding for hybrid mode
- More aggressive use of wider speech bandwidth, including fullband
speech starting at 14 kbit/s
- Music quality improvements in the 32-48 kb/s range
- Generic and SSE CELT optimizations
- Support for directly encoding packets up to 120 ms
- DTX support for CELT mode
- SILK CBR improvements
- Support for all of the fixes in draft-ietf-codec-opus-update-04 (the
mono downmix and the folding fixes need --enable-update-draft)
- Many bug fixes, including integer overflows discovered through fuzzing
(no security implications)

Please give it a try and report any bugs so we can fix them. There are
no known regressions compared to the latest stable release (1.1.3), but
given the large number of changes, it’s possible some bugs have slipped
through.