[opus] Patches for adding 120 ms encoding

Felicia Lim flim at google.com
Tue May 31 17:05:27 UTC 2016

Hi all,

We (WebRTC/Google) would like to extend Opus to natively support 120 ms
encoding instead of relying on repacketization as a post processing step.
This is to ensure that a valid 120 ms packet is always available. I've
attached a couple of patches to add this to opus_encoder(), based on the
internal repacketization process carried out by 60 ms CELT. We intend to
extend this later for the multistream encoder as well. The first patch
refactors out the internal subframe encoding and repacketizing, and the
second patch actually adds the 120 ms support.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Felicia