[opus] Compiling for iOS & Simulator

Colin Morelli colin.morelli at gmail.com
Mon May 2 01:36:34 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I'm trying to compile for iOS + Simulator. My current configure arguments
for my simulator builds look like:

./configure --enable-float-approx --disable-shared --enable-static
--with-pic --disable-extra-programs --disable-doc
--host=i386-apple-darwin_ios \
LDFLAGS="$LDFLAGS -fPIE -miphoneos-version-min=${MIN_IOS_VERSION}
-L${BUILD_DIR}/opus/lib" \
CFLAGS="$CFLAGS -arch i386 ${OPT_CFLAGS} -fPIE
-miphoneos-version-min=${MIN_IOS_VERSION} -I${BUILD_DIR}/opus/include
-isysroot
${DEVELOPER}/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneSimulator${IOS_SDK_VERSION}.sdk"

Then:

make -j4
make install

OPUS does compile, but the project that I include the static library in
throws a bunch of warnings that look like:

URGENT: building for iOS simulator, but linking in object file
(libOpus.a(bands.o)) built for OSX. Note: This will be an error in the
future.

So it seems clearly I'm missing something ot force it into compiling for
iOS. Does anyone know of anything obvious that I'm missing here? Thanks in
advance.

Best,
Colin