[opus] Question on Opus UDP payload

aj agurrea_2000 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 9 15:36:56 UTC 2016

Hi there,

Im trying to understand the structure of an opus UDP payload. Recently i capture a test audio containing opus codec.

I notice that some packets contains the same number of payload block.(e.g.58 bytes) When i look at the UDP data i see the first few four bytes were having these hex representation, 0x0d 0x80 0x5d 0xeb

Can someone explain to me the meaning of the first four bytes in the UDP payload for opus.

Im sorry if my question seems to be naive but im just curious about opus codec and the mechanism behind.

Thank you. Hope to hear your response.

Regards.
AJ