[opus] Issue with decoding 8-bit PCM data

Amit Ashara ashara.amit at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 09:05:33 PST 2016

Hello Mark,

The resulting 8 bit file has a lot of squelching noise compared to the 16
bit output from OPUS decoder.
During encode I am using

popi16fmtBuffer[ui32Loop] = (opus_int16)pcRdBuf[ui32Loop];

And during decode since the data is in the lower 8 bit I use

pc8bitSamples[ui32Loop] = ((unsigned short)pcop16OutBuf[ui32Loop] ^ 0x80);

Regards
Amit