[opus] [ogg-dev] comment writing in opus / liboggz

Ian Malone ibmalone at gmail.com
Sat Dec 31 16:02:30 UTC 2016

On 31 December 2016 at 14:03, Timothy B. Terriberry <tterribe at xiph.org> wrote:
> Ian Malone wrote:
>>
>> out, due to the Opus pre-seek, I think. Fixing that probably requires
>> adding an Opus-specific metric to liboggz, since the current default
>> linear one doesn't deal with first granule position being set. Thought
>> I'd check before getting into that whether anyone has looked at this
>> already?
>

> I thought Mark Harris implemented this in
> <https://git.xiph.org/?p=liboggz.git;a=commitdiff;h=0a523700afbb>. I'm not
> sure there's been a release since then, though. Are you looking at the
> latest git, or is there something wrong with that implementation?

Thanks, that does look like the right set of changes, with metrics
handled too. The distro packaged version I've got didn't have it, and
I'd found kfish's github rather than the Xiph git.

>> Another thought, could vorbiscomment do with having Opus comment support
>> added?
>

> Or make an opuscomment for opus-tools. I'm not sure which is the better
> approach, though the latter certainly seems like it would be less surprising
> for users.

It'd certainly make sense for it to be included with other Opus tools,
vorbiscomment is a bit of an oddity within vorbis-tools since (hazily
recalled) it supports other stream types than just Vorbis (and a
general comment editor is useful, though it sounds like liboggz has
that covered again).

--
imalone
http://ibmalone.blogspot.co.uk