[opus] Endianness

Jean-Marc Valin jmvalin at jmvalin.ca
Wed Aug 24 16:07:26 UTC 2016

On 24/08/16 08:34 AM, David Boles wrote:
> I need to add the opus audio codec to my TI TMS320C6455 DSP. The chip is
> configured for big-endian format and the encoded data will be
> transferred through RTP. Is there an endianness to the current source code?

For RTP use, you should not have deal with any endianness issue. The
encoder takes in PCM values as floats or 16-bit ints in the native
endianness of your DSP. The output packet is a stream of bytes, so it
has no endianness issue. The only endianness issue you may need to be
aware of is if you use the opus_demo test program, which inputs and
outputs audio as little endian.