[opus] libopus cross compile for bf537 runtime error releated to "-lopus"

Timothy B. Terriberry tterribe at xiph.org
Fri Apr 29 23:46:13 UTC 2016

David A. Bardsley wrote:
> ALSA lib
> /home/dab/Pantel/svn/blackfin_env/2011r1/main/blackfin-linux-dist/lib/alsa-lib/alsa-lib-1.0.24/src/dlmisc.c:124:(snd_dlsym_verify)
> unable to verify version for symbol _snd_ctl_hw_open

I don't at all claim to have any knowledge of ALSA, and I have no idea
why linking against libopus triggers this problem, but
<http://www.openwall.com/lists/sabotage/2014/11/15/6> suggests the cause
may be that the linker is dropping the symbol versioning marker symbols
because they are otherwise unreferenced, and that using ALSA version
1.0.29 or later would avoid this problem (if built with
--without-versioning). Similarly,
<https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-693166-start-0.html> suggests
that using version 1.0.14_rc3 or earlier would, too.