[opus] Opus on iOS - ARM64

Chris Conover cconover at curse.com
Mon Mar 30 12:12:46 PDT 2015

Hello,

I'm having some trouble getting Opus to work in an ARM64 iOS application
and I'm wondering if anyone here has any guidance. Maybe I am missing
something simple.

Specifically, the problem is that Opus running on ARM64 outputs different
data than other architectures -- ARMv7, ARMv7s, i386, and x86_64. On all
other platforms except ARM64, encoding a 1280 byte slice of audio data
returns an encoded result of between roughly 50 and 100 bytes. On ARM64, it
always returns an encoded result of 1275 bytes.

Configure arguments:

./configure --disable-shared --enable-static --with-pic
--disable-extra-programs --disable-doc --host=arm-apple-darwin
--prefix="/Users/cconover/Projects/Opus-iOS/build/built/iPhoneOS8.2-arm64.sdk"
LDFLAGS=" -flto -fPIE -miphoneos-version-min=7.0
-L/Users/cconover/Projects/Opus-iOS/dependencies/lib" CFLAGS=" -arch arm64
-Ofast -flto -g -fPIE -miphoneos-version-min=7.0
-I/Users/cconover/Projects/Opus-iOS/dependencies/include -isysroot
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS8.2.sdk"

What's also interesting is that the decoder doesn't seem to have any
problem decoding the data on ARM64. It happily decodes it from 1275 back to
the original 1280 bytes of audio data.

Also of note, I'm calling into Opus from C# using PInvokes. Again, it seems
to work fine on everything but ARM64.

Thoughts? I can provide whatever other information is needed.

--
Chris Conover
Mobile Team Lead/Sports Product Manager, Curse Inc.