[opus] FEC

Kelvin Chua kelchy at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 23:36:09 PDT 2015

having a hard time communicating on IRC, thank you gmaxwell, very
informative.
anyway, we were discussing the proper implementation of FEC on the decoder
side.
well, encoder side is just a boolean thing so that's alright.

i gave an example where the receiver lost 5 rtp packets, 1 2 3 4 and 5
during which, we call opus_decode with a null pointer and fec=0 for every
packet lost.

now, when it receives the 6th packet, what do we do?
first we know that the previous one or more packets got lost so we call
opus_decode with fec=1. then when it receives the 7th packet, we call
opus_decode
with fec=0. 8th packet fec=0 and so on and so forth. is this correct?

Kelvin Chua