[opus] Patch cleaning up Opus x86 intrinsics configury

Jonathan Lennox jonathan at vidyo.com
Tue Mar 3 20:17:42 PST 2015

On Mar 3, 2015, at 11:08 PM, Viswanath Puttagunta <viswanath.puttagunta at linaro.org<mailto:viswanath.puttagunta at linaro.org>> wrote:

On 3 March 2015 at 21:59, Jonathan Lennox <jonathan at vidyo.com<mailto:jonathan at vidyo.com>> wrote:
Viswenath,

My patch should be against the tip, but it’s the very recent tip, including some changes this past Friday (27 Feb).  I mentioned in the IRC room a problem I discovered in creating my patch, and then later improved the fix Tim had made for the problem.  Where do you get conflicts merging it to tip?

In terms of merging, you posted your patch before I posted mine, so probably I should be the one on the hook to rebase after your fix goes in.  Looking over your patch quickly, I don’t think any of my changes should be that difficult to merge with yours.
>> Yeah.. trivial merge issues.. shouldn't take too long to resolve.

I haven’t studied your patch in depth yet.  Does Ne10 use its own RTCD code, or do you use Opus’s?
>> Not using Ne10's RTCD feature at the moment.. using Opus's rtcd. libopus RTCD for linux/armv7 will not work for aarch64. It needs to be updated (or just disabled if system built for aarch64 since Neon support is mandatory)... It is in my todo list..

My patch should handle aarch64 properly.  One of the things it does is it discovers (in configure) whether a little test program using Neon intrinsics can be compiled without -mfpu=neon — if so, it disables RTCD for Neon, and sets a #define OPUS_ARM_PRESUME_NEON_INTR.  (This is analogous to the existing code for determining whether Neon assembly instructions can be assembled by default.)

This thus handles not only aarch64, but also iOS armv7.

I also have a number of aarch64 patches pending — mine are entirely for fixed-point though.  Are yours all floating-point?