[opus] How to link files needed for opus encoding to Qt project

Thomas Rusche thomas.rusche at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 14:58:48 PDT 2015

Hello everyone,

as I did not find a solution on my own, perhaps you can help me:
For my app ( Qt 5.2.1 with C++, Windows 8, Mingw32) I need to continously
convert raw pcm data to opus. I have been trying hard to link or compile
opus, but yet did not succeed. From the docs I already know how to call the
functions. But I can't figure out how to access them.
Please, tell me what files I need to encode pcm data to opus. I can't find
out for the life of me.
Do I need libopus-0.dll? Which of those dlls in "opusfile-0.6-win32" are
related to encoding? Or do I need to include all source files into my
project-file? What I need is no example code how to write a encoding
function, but how to setup all the needed files. I am getting mad of not
finding good info :(

Greetings
Thomas