[opus] fixed point version for celt_pitch_xcorr on aarch64

Timothy B. Terriberry tterribe at xiph.org
Fri Jan 30 00:41:41 PST 2015

Zhongwei Yao wrote:
> Hi, all,
>
> Does Opus need celt_pitch_xcorr’ s fixed point version for ARM aarch64
> architecture? If yes, which version does Opus prefer: assembly or
> instrinsics?

It would be nice to have one. I don't have a lot of experience with
aarch64 (I still haven't been able to obtain a dev board), so I don't
really know how intrinsics compare to assembly. Historically, intrinsics
performance on most platforms has been significantly below that of
hand-written assembly, and the tool support is more of a headache, which
is why we've favored hand-written assembly, but getting some kind of
vectorization is better than the serial code we currently have.