[opus] Optimizing on AMD Geode (MMX, no SSE)

Timothy B. Terriberry tterribe at xiph.org
Wed Jan 7 08:25:53 PST 2015

Matteo Fortini wrote:
> Since this is far from optimal, I was looking into other places that
> would get big benefits from parallelization.

The best answer, of course, is to profile the code. I'm assuming you're
primarily targeting VoIP (and thus SILK at those settings). The
fixed-point x86 optimizations are reasonably good choices, but were
targeted at complexity 2, so their relative importance will change a bit
as you move to higher complexities. I.e., once you reach complexity 4
warped autocorrelation starts to get used, as well as NSQ_del_dec over
plain NSQ.