[opus] library for creating Opus files?

Ralph Giles giles at thaumas.net
Mon Feb 23 12:05:12 PST 2015

On 23/02/15 10:30 AM, Tony wrote:

> I __think__ opus-tools' opusenc has code which can be used as a
> template/sample for how to create an .Ogg file with Opus content.  As
> expected, it makes use of libopus and libogg.

Sadly that's the best option currently. As you say it's a bit
complicated, although oggenc has a lot of extra support for controlling
encoder options you wouldn't need if you've already got compressed frames.

I keep hoping someone will contribute write support to libopusfile, but
until then copying that code is your best bet. You might also check
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-codec-oggopus which describes the
file format. Feedback on the draft from implementors is welcome.

 -r