[opus] opus Digest, Vol 72, Issue 17

Timothy B. Terriberry tterribe at xiph.org
Tue Feb 3 20:17:35 PST 2015

Viswanath Puttagunta wrote:
> What should we do for power-of-2? I really want to avoid putting
> runtime checks if nfft is power of 2 in opus_fft_float_neon.

Given the tests that had to be disabled for NE10, I suspect we will not
really be able to use it for CUSTOM_MODES, which should be the only time
nfft is a power of 2. So I'd suggest just disabling the support when
CUSTOM_MODES is enabled and putting in an assert.

>> It would not be too ugly if we put them together somewhere and document them well enough. It is a tiny cost to integrate a 3rd party library.
>
> Timothy/All,
> Can we please get some guidance/consensus on this so we can move forward?

I made this comment mostly for educational purposes. If it's too late
for NE10 to make these kind of sweeping changes to its API, I'd just not
worry about it in libopus.